I have been visiting Breck for over 10 years now, and the restaurant scene has changed so much in the last few years – and changed for the better! Check out my new favorites, Castaway, Tin Plate Pizza and Yo Ma Ma’s Tacos for some of the best food in Summit County – and at reasonable prices too! Mimi & Pin’s is not to be missed as well. Do you have a favorite Breck spot not on the list – drop it in the comments and I will visit next time I’m in the area!
Where To Eat & Drink In Breckenridge
Mi Casa – For some reason, after a long day zipping up and down a mountain in the cold you really crave a margarita. Not sure why but I’m 100 percent okay with this weird phenomenon. At the south end of town and close to Peak 9 is Mi Casa. The bar is first-come, first-serve and can get packed for happy hour. The restaurant is rather large and great for accommodating large groups.
Tin Plate Pizza – Hands down the best pizza in town. I honestly didn’t get a great picture of the pizza because we ate it so fast.
Mimi & Pin – Even if you don’t really care for donuts or churros, you need to try Mimi and Pin – not only is this place adorable the donuts/churros are knock your socks off good.
Quandary Tequila Bistro – Next to Maggie Pond (near the Peak 9 base) you will find a fun restaurant with killer views of mountains and all the tequila you could ever need. Dog friendly too!
Ollies Pub – The OG Ollies pub is in Frisco, and they recently took over “The Dredge,” which was a restaurant on a boat (aka a mining dredge) on a pond in the middle of town. It’s pretty odd but worth a visit – great outdoor seating, a rooftop, and dog friendly too!
Yo Mama’s Cantina – Out on airport road is a FIRE Mexican restaurant. We have picked up Yo Mama’s a few times but these “Big As Yo Face Nachos” were delicious!
The Cheese Shop Breck – Looking for a yummy sandwich or to pick up some unique cheese and meats for a cheese board then head to the Cheese Shop Breck.
Kenosha Brewing Co – Live Music, huge deck, dog-friendly + frozen drinks – its a good spot.
- Modis – For dinner, make reservations at Modis. Everything on the menu is delicious; Nothing like a great glass of wine and a warm bowl of miso ramen to warm up after a day of skiing.
- The Canteen Tap House & Tavern – Amazing drinks and food – I love their margs, queso, flatbread and wings.
- The Motherloaded Tavern – For ice-cold beer and comfort food, the Motherload tavern will hit the spot. Live music daily too!
- Clint’s Bakery & Coffee House – Head downtown to Clints for a bagel, coffee and maybe a slice of cake to wake you up.
- Downstairs at Eric’s – Huge restaurant and bar with killer pizza. This is great for groups, families or watching a game. Plus there is a huge arcade. Put your name on the list then head somewhere else for drinks.
Where to Drink in Breckenridge
- RMU – Part ski shop, part bar, part grilled cheese shop. The large outdoor space in the summer is perfect for big groups and lawn games
- Blue Stag Saloon – Classic bar with nice outdoor fire pit
- Brooklyn’s Billiards – Pool hall and bar
- The Motherload Tavern – Live music and beer. Yes, please!
- Après Handcrafted Libations – Fancy cocktails and craft beer
- Breckenridge Tap House – All the craft beer
- T-Bar at Peak 8 – For apres ski in the sun with DJ and great vibes head to the base of Peak 8 (also the food is pretty good too)
Dance – Time to Get Funky
Liquid Lounge & Cecilia’s Cocktail Bar & Nightclub – The “clubs” of Breck. Both bars will have a DJ spinning starting around 9. Cecilia’s will probably have a cover and is closer to a real club with bottle service. Liquid Lounge is a bar with a DJ and never has a cover. If I am out in Breck you will find me at Liquid Lounge.
Gold Pan Saloon – Bar that feels like a barn with a DJ – they often have live music too!